If you're in an academic career, or if you're looking to pursue one, communicating your research to a range of audiences is probably going to be an important part of what you do. The Conversation is a new platform for academics aimed at encouraging exactly this.
What is The Conversation?
The Conversation is an independent source of news and views, sourced from the academic and research community and delivered direct to the public. You can read more about The Conversation here: http://theconversation.com/uk/who-we-are
Interested in finding out more?
During Hilary and Trinity Terms Conversation editors will be joining us in Oxford for introductory sessions, workshops and one-to-one drop in sessions. The sessions will include:
- information on how to get involved
- the benefits of The Conversation
- tips for writing for a general audience
- how to develop story ideas
- pitching stories to the media
- engaging the public via comments and social media
- pushing your piece out to a broad audience