Position: Access Programmer & Database Administrator
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum
Closes:13 Jun 2018
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Level: Graduate
Contact Details: 01635253210
For further information or to apply, please click here.
Hardware: Windows-based Server/Pc network running Windows Server 2012R2 in Hyper-V clusters and Windows 7 Pro on Dell desktop PCs.
Software: MS Access Pro versions through to 2016, with database programming in VB6.
EXISTING MS Access Pro desktop application for Back Office which has been locally-developed over many years:
- Event Management system for onsite corporate and private functions
- Sales and Purchase ledger data entry
- Online acquisition of retail ticket website data to be processed locally
- Onsite acquisition of retail till data to be processed locally
- Assembly/consolidation of sales and purchase data to be exported to third party accountants
- Preparation of daily/weekly/monthly reports for onsite ticket admission, event printing and management reporting.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of:
- Relational Database construction and theory
- Understanding of the linkages between data held on more than one site, both LAN-based and Internet-based using ODBC
- Understanding user friendly interaction with data
- Understand the use of touch-based data entry PC-based tills
- Understand the use of Internet-connected card terminal PEDs
- Familiarity with some MS Server and data back-up protocols
- The linkages between Internet input data and the client database
Assist with and take over the maintenance of the database system and the users thereof:
- Ability to document the structure and layout of the client System in detail
- Ability to communicate well with people and understand non IT people’s concerns
- Ability to liaise with several external systems consultants who provide support for the online ticketing system and the onsite retail tills
- Enthusiasm for the client customer facing business which attracts people from all over the world to visit the Castle and grounds.