We invite all Early Career Researchers (late stage DPhil and Post-Doc) of themes related to migration and mobility across the University of Oxford to join us for a day of connecting, discussing, and sharing experience!
The goal of this event is to kickstart a migration ECR cohort that reaches across departments and research centres and includes ECR migration scholars from across the divisions.
We will talk about researching migration at Oxford & cast vision for how to improve it, learn about funding opportunities from a divisional research facilitator, hear from a senior migration researcher about relevant opportunities at Oxford, and get to know each other and our respective research interests. We also plan to end the day by going for dinner/drinks afterwards!
We will be in touch with a more detailed schedule closer to the time, but the day will cover the following broad themes:
- The funding landscape for early career scholars
- Shared experiences from ECRs working on migration at Oxford
- Taking stock of ECR interests & skills
- Opportunities for migration research: current and in the near future
- Representing and supporting ECRs at Oxford: needs and strategies
If you are interested, please register here so we can cater for the right numbers!