The Governing Body of Somerville College invites applications for a Mary Somerville Research Fellowship in Ancient Philosophy and/or Feminist Philosophy. The post will be tenable for three years from 1 October 2018 and not renewable thereafter.
Job title: Mary Somerville Junior Research Fellow
Duties: The Fellow elected shall be required to:
- to conduct original research in a field of Ancient Philosophy and/or Feminist Philosophy.
- to publish peer-reviewed research in book form or in journals or edited volumes.
- to present an annual report on their work to the Governing Body.
The postholder may be asked to teach if the need arises;
Location: Somerville College, Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HD
Salary: from £31 604 (grade 7.1 on the University pay scale, point 29 of the National pay spine).
Skills and experience required:
- Candidates for the Fellowship will be expected to have completed or be close to completing a doctorate.
- The proposed research must fall in the field of Ancient Philosophy and/or Feminist Philosophy.
Candidates will be assessed on the quality of their scholarship as appropriate to the stage in their research career; in particular:
- Research achievements and future plans;
- A good publication record, or promise of a good publication record for candidates at a very early career stage
- Academic career to date and future plans.
- Evidence of participation in conferences, seminars, and other research meetings
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday, 30th April 2018
For further information and the application form, please click here.