Early-career researchers to established academics plus departmental administrators/other interested parties from all University divisions are invited to attend this free funding event on Monday 23 May at the Sir Martin Wood Lecture Theatre, Dept of Physics (20 Parks Rd, Oxford OX1 3PU).
Representatives from the Royal Society will give a *grants presentation, followed by a short case study presentation from a current Royal Society University Research Fellow, and a general discussion including a Q & A section (1.30 - 3.00 pm). A short informal networking session (with tea and coffee provided; approx. 3.00 - 4.00 pm) will follow where Royal Society representatives will be available to meet potential applicants.
*The presentation is expected to cover:
- Broad description of support that Royal Society offers - philosophy, overview of funding schemes, fellowships
- Things on the horizon – issues and opportunities
- Applying to Royal Society (personal perspective)
- What makes a good application
- What surprises Royal Society about grant proposals that they receive: common mistakes; end-to-end process once the application is submitted
Please register for this event - using the link above - as soon as possible, so that an assessment of likely final numbers may be made for planning purposes.