This workshop has two elements, and is designed to support would be entrepreneurs who are interested in starting up their own business but aren't sure where to start and what they'll need.
This first workshop covers the basics:
'The Basics' will cover an overview on the following:
- Is being self-employed right for you?
- How to set up a Business bank Account
- VAT and what it means to your business
- Trading entity, sole trader, partnership or Limited Company
- Inland Revenue and your responsibilities
- How do you pay yourself? How do you pay into a pension?
- Compliance issues you need to be aware of
- Developing an action plan
Unless stated otherwise, all events are open to all members of the University and the contact is the Humanities Training Team at email@example.com.
To register, please click here.