Vice Chancellor’s Diversity Fund and Returning Carers’ Fund
Circular to Divisions
1. This circular gives advance notification of the third rounds of the Vice Chancellor’s Diversity Fund and Returning Carers’ Fund in MT15. A call for bids to both schemes will be made at the beginning of term, with deadlines for applications in November (exact dates yet to be agreed).
2. Divisions and departments/faculties will be formally notified of the calls in late September and full details will be available on the Equality and Diversity Unit’s website:
• VC’s Diversity Fund: www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/thevice-chancellorsdiversityfund/
• Returning Carers’ Fund: www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/thevice-chancellorsdiversityfund/returningcarersf...
3. Revised criteria for both schemes will be published with the calls but are not expected to differ greatly from the existing criteria.
4. Divisions are asked to publicise the two schemes over the long vacation to allow prospective applicants time to consider and prepare for an application.
5. In the case of the Vice Chancellor’s Diversity Fund it should be noted that no more than £150,000 will be available in total, and that bids that impact on more than one department are likely to be prioritised.
6. In assessing bids, the Advisory Group on the Fund will consider the range of projects already agreed and applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these: www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/thevice-chancellorsdiversityfund/projects/.
7. Bids in new areas and those demonstrating innovation will be welcomed, particularly applications for projects addressing a) inequalities in the Humanities and b) race equality, areas which have been notably underrepresented to date.
8. Any enquiries from prospective applicants should be directed to the relevant Divisional contact, as below, or the Equality & Diversity Unit (email@example.com).
• Continuing Education: Peter Gambles (VC’s Diversity Fund)
• Humanities: Catherine McKiernan (both schemes)
• Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences: Daisy Hung (both schemes)
• Medical Sciences: Bríd Cronin (both schemes)
• Social Sciences: Stephen Conway (VC’s Diversity Fund), Tanya Baldwin (Returning Carers’ Fund)
Equality & Diversity Unit, July 2015