This event is intended to provide extra support for the writing partnerships and peer mentoring scheme. Come along to this session with your writing partner to meet other people taking part in the scheme, discuss things you've tried already, and gather ideas for future meet-ups.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Effective scheduling: time, place, frequency, and length
- Effective planning: realistic, quantifiable, and communicable goal-setting
- How to write well: tools and activities to help
- Alternative models for the meet-ups: exchanging work in advance to discuss together, larger groups, Skype meetings
- Troubleshooting: social dynamics, managing mutual expectations, and the joys of email scheduling
Ideally please arrange at least one meet-up with your writing partner before the session, so you have some concrete experience to reflect and build upon.