The Humanities Cultural Programme is guided by a Steering Group of leading experts at Oxford University, chaired by Professor Wes Williams, Director of TORCH (The Oxford Research Centre in the Humanities).
The members are:
- Professor Daniel Grimley, Head of the Humanities Division
- Professor Abigail Williams, Professor of English Literature
- Professor Phillip Bullock, Professor of Russian Literature and Music
- Nicola Bird, Project Manager & Volunteer Coordinator MultakaOxford, GLAM
- Dr Carina Prunkl, Senior Research Scholar, Institute for Ethics in AI
- Professor Shadreck Chirikure, Edward Hall Professor of Archaeological Science and Director of the Research Laboratory for Archaeology and the History of Art
- Professor Steven Gunn, Fellow and Tutor of History, Professor of Early Modern History
- Professor Emma Smith, Professor of Shakespeare Studies
- Professor Ian Kiaer, Professor of Fine Art
- Professor Jennifer Walshe, Professor of Composition
Through the Steering Group, the Cultural Programme brings together representatives from Humanities faculties, museums and libraries in a new collaboration to maximise the impact of Oxford’s expertise, collections and partnerships. It works in partnership with cultural organisations in Oxford, and national and international organisations. It will also have an important role in connecting Ethics in AI with cultural discourse and production.
The Humanities Cultural Programme is developed and delivered by an experienced arts administration team led by John Fulljames, HCP Director.