The Humanities Cultural Programme is guided by a Steering Group of leading experts at Oxford University, chaired by Professor Wes Williams, Director of TORCH (The Oxford Research Centre in the Humanities).
The members are:
- Professor Daniel Grimley, Interim Head of the Humanities Division
- Professor Suzanne Aspden, Professor of Music
- Madeline Slaven, Head of Exhibitions at the Bodleian Libraries
- Professor Abigail Williams, Professor of English Literature
- Professor Phillip Bullock, Professor of Russian Literature and Music
Through the Steering Group, the Cultural Programme brings together representatives from Humanities faculties, museums and libraries in a new collaboration to maximise the impact of Oxford’s expertise, collections and partnerships. It works in partnership with cultural organisations in Oxford, and national and international organisations. It will also have an important role in connecting Ethics in AI with cultural discourse and production.
The Humanities Cultural Programme is developed and delivered by an experienced arts administration team, led by Dr Victoria McGuinness, Head of Humanities Cultural Partnerships and Programming.
An Advisory Council advises, guides and informs the HCP in its aim to become a globally leading university centre for art, culture and community engagement.
Our Council is comprised of leading figures in cultural and community engagement: