If you're in an academic career, or if you're looking to pursue one, communicating your research to a range of audiences is probably going to be an important part of what you do. The Conversation is a platform for academics aimed at encouraging exactly this. Oxford is a member of The Conversation and as such receives regular opportunities for researchers across the University to contribute articles and to take part in hands-on training to enhance writing and engagement skills.
This introductory session is suitable for Social Sciences and Humanities researchers at all career stages.
Presentation: What is The Conversation?
• What is TC, origins and aims, what we do and why
• How our editors work with academics
• Why we’re different to other media organisations
• The benefits for academics and universities
Things to emphasise:
• Approval and disclosure
• Editorial support
• Republication in major media outlets
• Wide international audience
• Academics as experts in their field, not restricted to writing only about their own research
Please book your place online here via Eventbrite. If you would prefer not to use Eventbrite, please email the TORCH team at email@example.com.