Inclusive Volunteering: creating inclusive programmes for forced migrants through cross-sector partnership working
Monday 24 June 2019 10am to 3.30pm at Pitt Rivers Museum, Oxford
Bringing together staff and volunteers from museums and heritage organisations, the volunteer sector and organisations working with forced migrants to develop cross-sector partnership practices. Multaka Oxford Network day aims to share best practice, case studies, skills, and ideas to develop future models of working that enhance opportunities and support for volunteers.
We welcome applications to present your case studies and/or delivery of skills-share session
Call for Case studies
The Multaka-Oxford project are looking for 20 minute case studies on projects or programmes which are:
- Examples of arts and heritage organisations and community support services/statutory services working together in partnership
- Programmes which respond to volunteer
guidance and input as well as delivery
Applications where volunteers take a role in presenting are encouraged.
There will be 4 presentations in total through-out the day.
Call for presentations of case studies and/or delivery of skills share sessions
‘Working in partnership to create inclusive volunteering opportunities for forced migrants’.
Call for leading training /skills share session
The Multaka-Oxford project are looking for organisations to lead a training or skills share sessions as part of the Networking Day.
Training sessions will be 45 minute for a maximum of 30 people on a relevant topic linked with ‘Working in partnership to create inclusive volunteering opportunities for forced migrants’.
- Sharing models for recruiting and retaining volunteers who are forced migrants
- Inclusive recruitment
- Working with volunteers to build CVs
- Volunteering and wellbeing
- Understanding workplace skills in the UK
- Mental health and wellbeing for staff and volunteers – dealing with emotions and difficult topics for staff supervising volunteers
We are looking for 4 training sessions to add to the programme
How to apply
Deadline for applications 26 April 2019
Please send a short email detailing what you would like to present, plus any links to your project or organisation online.
Please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what you would like to present, plus any links to your project or organisation online.