This weekend is Oxford’s Christmas Light Festival, and though it comes with some adjustments this year, the festival promises to be as vibrant and festive as ever. Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Local neighbourhoods have signed up to create light trails on their own streets, and you can find displays near you using the map here.
- There are how-to guides for creating your own light displays, from lanterns to projectors.
- A ‘doorstep celebration’ will be taking place at 5.30pm on Saturday 20 November, with locals asked to switch their lights on simultaneously.
- The ‘Be The Light Bus Tour’ will see an illuminated bus touring the streets of Oxford through the weekend.
- Online events will be available to stream throughout the weekend, including dance, live music, and projections from LUXMURALIS.
For more details, see the Festival website.