UPDATE: We apologise for the delay in announcing the results of this competition. We will be in touch with those who entered as soon as we can.
Theme: The Science of the Seas
Prizes: 1st £200, runner-up £50, 4 commended.
Please note: any under-18 winners will receive their prize as a book token.
The winner and runner up will be invited to read at the virtual SciPo2020 meeting on Thursday 3rd September.
- Poem no more than 40 lines
- Entries are judged anonymously. Please send your poem in a PDF format. Please do not include any personal information in the PDF.
- Send your poem in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your phone number and postal address, and age if under 18* in your email, not in your PDF document.
- Put your name (initial and full surname) and poem title in the subject line of your email.
- Each poem must be the original work of the author, and must not have been previously published or broadcast.
- Deadline for entries 31st July 2020.
- Results will be announced by 15th August 2020.
- The copyright of each poem remains with the author. The author of the winning poem will grant permission to TORCH, The Oxford Research Centre for the Humanities, to publish or broadcast the winning poem for a period of one year from 1 September 2020 on the TORCH website.
Judge: Lucy Newlyn
This event is in connection with the Scipo Interim event Science of the seas on 3rd September 2020 (details forthcoming) organised by Dr Stephen Wren
* - supplied information is for the purpose of contacting about outcome, and will not be used in any other way than stated here.