The University of Oxford’s Knowledge Exchange Strategy recently established that Business Engagement and Partnerships (BEP) is an area for strategic investment, and it commits to supporting the breadth of academic research interests in the Social Science and Humanities Divisions.
In order to achieve these high ambitions, the Social Science and Humanities Divisions have established a new Business Engagement and Partnerships team. The team will sit in the Social Science Division's office on George Street, but will work with departments and individuals in both divisions.
The BEP team’s work will sit in the context of the University’s wider mission to expand knowledge exchange and broaden the impact of our research. For Social Sciences and Humanities a broad definition of Business engagement is used to include a variety of external partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors who might benefit from the University’s research.
The aims of the team are to:
- Identify and articulate the mutual areas of interest between researchers and external partner organisations, translate and communicate this to all parties and capitalise on opportunities that arise;
- Broker, build and manage relationships (new and existing) between these researchers, grounded in co-designed and delivered research activities;
- Accelerate business development activities across the two divisions, increasing funding for research from these organisations to explore models of financial sustainability;
- Work collaboratively with others across the University to increase Humanities and Social Sciences business-related research activities;
- Cultivate a culture of business collaboration by providing operational support, including practical, on the ground assistance via for instance ‘training’ support, and mentorship
Head of Business and Partnerships for Social Sciences and Humanities
Sarah Colgan - Business Engagement and Partnerships Manager
Talk to Sarah about: Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics, Medieval and Modern Languages, Music, Ruskin School of Art, Philosophy.
Kay O'Regan - Business Engagement and Partnerships Manager
Talk to Kay about: Classics, English, Oriental Studies, History, Theology and Religion