Following the success of the inaugural Dance Scholarship Oxford (DANSOX) Summer School in 2019, we are planning a second virtual Summer School. The events will be available to view on the Jacqueline du Pré Music Building's YouTube channel from 16 July 2020.
The line up for our DANSOX Virtual Summer School 2020 is as follows:
Celebrating the work of Paul Taylor (1930-2018), distinguished American dancer and choreographer
- Alastair Macaulay (international dance critic and writer): the life and work
- Parisa Kobdeh (ex-Paul Taylor dancer) on practice and technique.
New Scholarship on Dance: text and practice
- Joseph Kay (composer) on musical notation and dance notation
- Susie Crow (choeographer and writer): aspects of ballet class
- Marcus Bell (DPhil student, St Hilda's) on Pina Bausch and the classics
- Megan Smith (2020 English Finalist, Oxford): literary criticism meets fiction and performance in John Haskell's The Complete Ballet: A Fictional Essay in Five Acts (2017)
- Anna Chamberlain (2020 Art History Finalist, Oxford): Hilde Holge, German Expressionist dance and photography.
Find out more about DANSOX and get ready for the Summer School by watching some past events here.