The Oxford Policy Engagement Network (OPEN) is a University-wide initiative supporting policy engagement. It is funded by the Higher Education Innovation Fund and managed by the Social Sciences Division.
Applications are welcomed from University of Oxford researchers from any discipline.
This University-wide competitive knowledge exchange scheme is designed to support the development of mutually beneficial partnerships between researchers and policymakers. It is intended to enable recipients
- To understand better the relevance of their research to local, regional, national and international policymakers;
- To work with policymakers to identify and explore mutual interests; and
- To develop and leverage networks and other resources to generate benefits to research, policy and the wider world.
Fellowships proposals could take several forms, including (but not limited to):
- Developing new and growing existing relationships with policymakers
- Exploring possibilities for collaboration
- Developing partnerships with policymakers
- Co-designing projects that answers policy problems
- Co-developing research questions and potential new research proposals
Fellowships can be outgoing (researchers spending time with an external organisation related to policy) or incoming (with policymakers spending time at Oxford) or a mutual exchange. Fellowship holders will receive peer support and guidance before, throughout, and after the project as part of a cohort of Fellows.
There is a total of £100k for this scheme. The maximum amount per fellowship award is £25k. Funding can be spent between 1 November 2019 and 31 July 2020. No extensions will be possible. This funding is not for primary research.
How to apply
Submit your application via IRAMS by 5p.m. on 30 September 2019.
Guidance for this call can be found here.
If you would like support with your application, or to discuss policy engagement or policy partnership opportunities more generally, please contact Will Pryor, Head of Policy Engagement.
For queries about the application process, please contact email@example.com.