The Heritage Partnerships Team is pleased to promote this opportunity to be part of Compton Verney's Youth Advisory Panel. You can find a pdf of the original advertisement here and the application form here.
We’re looking for advisors aged between 18-24, who are passionate about creativity, the environment and ecology, to join our 2021 Youth Advisory Panel.
We’re exploring new ways of working with young people and creatives. Joining the Youth Advisory Panel is an opportunity to have your say about what you would like to see and do at Compton Verney. You will help shape how we engage, represent and support young people now and into the future.
About the Role
We will select 10 people to make up the 2021 Youth Advisory Panel.
We will meet once a month, online or in person.
- You will engage in advising Compton Verney Art Gallery and Park on creative opportunities, environmental and ecological developments
- Give your views on our cultural programming and help to shape decision making
- Support our vision of an inclusive ‘creativity for all’ programme
- Working with creative professionals, marketing and across other departments
- Help to shape a Summer Show 2021
- Commitment to the panel for the year (till Dec 21)
- You’ll meet other like-minded people
- Be paid £50 for each monthly meet
- We will support with travel and costs when visiting the site
What you’ll need
- A phone, access to your own computer/laptop, with a webcam and good internet support
- To be open-minded and empathetic of others
- To be passionate about creativity, environment and ecology
- To be able to discuss ideas as part of a team
We support all creative practices including performance, dance, music, poetry, visual and digital arts and those drawing on environmental and ecological perspectives.
Compton Verney sits on the boundaries of different counties therefore, we encourage applicants from Coventry, West Midlands, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Banbury areas to apply.
We welcome applications from those who are under-represented in the organisation, this includes, but is not limited to: young people who identify as LGBTQIA+; neurodivergent; disabled; having a migrant or refugee experience, Black, Asian or ethnically diverse.
A Little Bit About Us
Compton Verney Art Gallery and Park, nine miles from Stratford upon Avon, is a stunning location where art and landscape meet. Boasting a nationally-accredited art gallery and a ‘Capability’ Brown designed park of 120 acres, Compton Verney has six permanent art collections. We’re able to offer to visitors of all ages a place for discovery, play and reflection, somewhere to have fun, explore, learning and experience.
Founded with the mission to make art, culture and a natural environment accessible to all, this is a place for exciting exhibitions of the highest quality, world class collections ranging from ancient Chinese bronzes to British and European fine and decorative arts, to British Folk Art and 20th century design. It is also a place where people enjoy and engage with the natural environment and heritage through contemporary experiences.
How to Apply
Deadline is 9am Monday 8th March 2021
We aim to notify everyone by Monday 15th March
Please fill out the application form and send to email@example.com
Please feel free to get in touch and ask questions.
TORCH Heritage Programme Homepage